The Liberal Democrat, Conservative and Green groups have agreed to form a joint administration on Leeds City Council for the next two years. Party leaders are now working on the detail which will be announced in due course.
Councillor Mark Harris (Liberal Democrats), Councillor Andrew Carter (Conservatives) and Councillor David Blackburn (Greens) said;
"This represents a new start for the city of Leeds in accordance with the election results and we are confident that we will deliver significant improvements for all the people of Leeds."
This follows all-out elections at Leeds City Council on Thursday 10 June. The results were :
· Labour have 40 seats (previously 52).
· The Liberal Democrats have 26 (previously 20).
· Conservatives 24 (previously 22).
· Morley Borough Independents 6 (previously 2).
· Green Party 3 (previously 3).